- 1978- Admitted to the Bar. Frederick Jordan Chambers, Practice - Family Law.
- Pioneered the role of counsel for separate representatives in family law cases representing children
- Family law and related jurisdictions together with extensive appearances for the State Crown – counsel assisting inquiries, inquests, appearances for government bodies in all courts and tribunals at all levels
- Acting Judge of the District Court 1995-1997
- Appointed to the Bench of the District Court of New South Wales, July 1997
- Appointed to the Appellate Division of the Family Court of Australia, July 2010
- Professor of Law (Advocacy), University of Technology, Sydney
- As part of a Law Council/Legal Aid Commission of New South Wales initiative, founded the Separate Representative Training Course – a three day intensive, multi-disciplinary training course for children’s advocates
- Former member of the District Court Policy and Planning Committee 1997-1999
- Former member of the NSW Bar Council
- Former member of the NSW Bar Association Professional Conduct Committee
- Former member of the NSW Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Former member of the Family Law Executive, Law Council of Australia 1992-1997
- Chair, College of Law Master of Applied Law [Family Law] Advisory Committee
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law
- Council Member, National Judicial College of Australia
- NSW Representative, Australian Association of Women Judges 2008-2010.
- Investigators, Expert Witness and Advocacy Skills Workshops: Securities and Futures Commission, Hong Kong: 2004 to date
- Instructor, New Practitioners Workshops, Inner Temple, London 2013 and 2015
- Instructor, AAI Advanced Teacher Training Program, UK Advocacy Training Council, London 2013
- Instructor, AAI workshop on Advocacy for Victims of War Crime, International Criminal Court, The Hague 2013
- Visiting Faculty, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (USA)
- Senior Moderator and Instructor with the Australian Advocacy Institute with teaching commitments throughout Australia and in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, the UK, the USA and The Hague
- Member Australian Bar Association International Advocacy Team teaching advocacy in Bangladesh from 1996-2000.